Monday, January 08, 2007

Dreary Days

Weather affects mood...

We're fallen and so is our planet. My weakness manifests itself so clearly, because yesterday it was cold and dreary, with rain either drizzling or pouring all day. I started getting really depressed, for no apparent reason. I mean, sure, life is a bit stressful right now, but Laura and I spent hours registering for stuff people are going to buy for us. It's not like it was a bad day.

But, still, toward evening I was completely depressed. Laura and I had spent time praying, then reading and discussing Scripture. After that we made pizza and chocolate milk and cookies and watched TV.

I was trying to cast myself on the Lord, because he is sufficient. And my spirits lifted some, for awhile, but soon I was back into that funk. And, really, I think it was because the weather was crummy yesterday. Because today it's sunny, and I feel good.

Jesus is the same today as he was yesterday. He held yesterday's rainy world in his all-powerful hands like he has and will all other days throughout history. It's so hard, because I knew it, deeply, understood it. But I felt like the clouds would never lift, and it had only been a few hours of darkness -- not even darkness, but just cloudy. My fickle heart frustrates me. That's why it's good to know that Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever.

No comments: