Monday, September 12, 2005

A Prayer for Abtin

Lord,

You know the heart of my friend, how inpenetrably hard it seems, utterly opposed or at least apathetic to your truth. I know that only your Spirit can soften him and convict him of his sin, and how it would miraculously and overwhelmingly demonstrate your sovereign power and love and mercy if you would do so.

So I pray you would revitalize--in the truest and most literal sense of the word--bring to life his heart, Lord, as only you can.

And I thank you for the example it is, of the condition of my heart or any heart apart from your intervention. How lost I was, even at the age of three, and how lost I would be without your saving and gracious work in my heart. Let me live in this truth, knowing that only the righteousness of Christ may be my boast. Let me look to the Cross.

And save my friend.

Amen.

No comments: